I have always admired the beauty of flowers. 🌺🏵🌹🌼 We have such a great variety, they bring a splash of color, making people smile 😊. They add an exotic taste to many dishes 🥧 around the world.
Did you know that flowers are very high in antioxidants? This is especially true for those with deep color. Flowers contain a good dose of vitamins and minerals as well as phytochemicals. All of these properties benefit our gut health and improves our skin too. 🙌
Sprinkle them in salads 🥗, sandwiches 🥪, teas 🍵, soups 🍜, butter 🔪, cakes 🍰, cookies 🍪 and you can even make pretty ice cubes. ❄
Down bellow you can check which flowers are safe to eat. Do not consume anything without being 100%. It is important to verify if the flower has been grown organically and has not been exposed to chemicals.
- Nasturtium: high levels of vitamin C, improves immune system, treats fungal and bacterial infections.
- Daylily: helps detoxify the body, insomnia.
- Red Clover: helps with indigestion, cough, asthma, reduces inflammation in the body.
- Calendula: aids digestion, supports immune system.
- Lavender: it promotes a sense of calm, relaxation, helps with digestive issues.
- Pumpkin Flower: highly nutritious, promotes weight loss, boosts immunity.
- Marigold: act as an anti-inflammatory promoting healing.
- Hibiscus: high in antioxidants, boost liver health, fight bacteria and lower blood pressure.
- Dandelion: highly nutritious, potent antioxidant, fights inflammation and may aid blood sugar control.
- Roses: strengthens immune system, improves digestion and helps fight stress.
If you are interesting in learning more fun helpful tips and tricks I recommend following @planofyouth on Instagram. Be sure to visit Nature’s Nomad for the highest quality and all natural products.